Dr Jason Ho
Circle Reading Hospital
0118 922 6888
Mr Ho was born in Singapore to academic parents who sent him to complete his education at boarding school in the UK. After graduating second in his year at Imperial College London, he undertook Ophthalmology training in London, working at Moorfields Eye Hospital. He undertook Vitreoretinal subspecialty training at St Thomas’ Hospital and the Western Eye Hospital, honing his skills in all aspects of vitreoretinal surgery including complex retinal detachment surgery, macular surgery, and treatment of medical retinal conditions such as age-related macular degeneration.
He performs: vitreoretinal surgery, premium micro-incisional cataract surgery, treatment of retinal conditions with anti-VEGF (Eylea, Lucentis, Avastin) medication, retinal and YAG laser treatment and treatment of general ophthalmic conditions including minor eyelid procedures.
Mr Ho has a keen interest in teaching, regularly delivering lectures to junior doctors and GPs in addition to his role as an educational supervisor for trainee ophthalmologists and a mentor to the departmental vitreoretinal fellow. He is a member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists examination panel and the microsurgical skills course faculty. He also undertook a charity mission with the Orbis flying eye hospital to Vietnam, delivering a live-streamed lecture for the Cybersight teaching platform.
Photography, Travel, Music, Hiking and catching waves, i.e. surfing (or at least attempting to!)
Consultant Ophthalmologist in Vitreoretinal Surgery and Medical Retina, Prince Charles Eye Unit Windsor and Royal Berkshire Hospital Reading
- Vitreoretinal Surgery – Retinal Detachments, Macula Hole repair, Epiretinal Membranes, Vitreous Haemorrhage, Diabetic Eye Disease, Retinal Vein Occlusions, Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Cataract Surgery – Minimally invasive micro-incision phacoemulsification, Complex Cataract Surgery
- Retinal and YAG laser
- General Ophthalmology and Minor Operations
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, EURETINA, BEAVRS, BMA, MPS, ARVO
- Sibley D, Abdalla H, Gupta A, Ho J (2020) “Exercise in isolating during COVID 19 – A case series of bilateral ocular trauma from elastic resistance bands” Can J Ophthalmol (published online ahead of print)
- Ho H, Daas A, Ho J et al (2020) “Intraocular pressure changes following topical ocular hypotensive medications washout” Br J Ophthalmol, (published online ahead of print)
- Neffendorf J, Guillemaut J-Y, Hutter J, Ho J, Williamson T (2020) “Effect of aqueous dynamics on gas behavior following retinal reattachment surgery” Ophthal Surg Lasers Imaging Retina, 51(9): 522-8
- Sim PY, La C, Than J, Ho J (2019) “National survey of the management of eye emergencies in the accident and emergency department by foundation doctors: has anything changed over the past 15 years?” Eye, 34(6): 1094-99
- Ho J, Wong R, Williamson T, Laidlaw DAH (2019) “Beneficial visual outcome of vitrectomy and delamination surgery for tractional complications of diabetic retinopathy in a cohort of black patients” Eye, 33(12): 1884-89
- Ho J, Banerjee P (2018) Peripheral Retinal Degenerations. In: Azarbod P, Khaw PT, editors. Key Clinical Topics in Ophthalmology. JP Medical (book chapter, in press)
- Ho J, Grabowska A, Muqit M (2018) “A comparison of 23-Gauge and 20-Gauge Vitrectomy for proliferative sickle cell retinopathy” Eye, 32(9): 1449-54
- Muqit MMK, Hamilton R, Ho J, Tucker S, Buck H (2018) “Intravitreal Ocriplasmin for the Treatment of Vitreomacular Traction and Macular Hole - a Study of Efficacy and Safety based on NICE Guidance” PLoS One, 13(5): e1097072
- Spiteri Cornish K, Ho J, Downes S et al (2017) “The Epidemiology of Stargardt disease in the United Kingdom” Ophthalmology Retina, 1(6): 508-13
- Alim-Marvasti A, Ho J, Weatherall M et al (2016) “Trigeminal autonomic cephalgia caused by recurrent posterior scleritis” Pract Neurol, 16(6): 455-457