Treatment without the wait
Private healthcare is becoming an increasingly popular choice for patients looking to avoid the wait. Booking treatment privately, whether you are paying for yourself or through private medical insurance, gives you total flexibility in choosing care that’s right for you. That includes choosing the hospital, consultant and appointment time that suits you. Here’s a bit more about accessing private treatment that’s right for you.
When you decide you’d like to book your treatment privately, you have two main options. You can either pay for your own treatment (known as ‘self-pay’) or book through any private medical insurance (known as ‘PMI’) policy you have.
Both give you lots of choice and flexibility in choosing what’s right for you. If you’re paying for yourself, all costs are settled between you, the consultant and a Circle hospital. Finance is available over 36, 48 or 60 months, subject to status, all with the option to settle interest free within the first 12 months if you choose. Find out more about finance options here.
If you’re using private medical insurance, your insurer will need to approve each part of your treatment at different stages. For instance, you may need to seek approval before your consultation and then before any onward treatment is confirmed. Don’t worry though, they will talk you through what you need to do and our hospital teams are here to help if you have any questions.
1. Research on our website
Whether you’re looking for information on a particular treatment, or are just wondering what specialists work at Circle, you can read detailed information on the Circle website. Don’t worry if you don’t have a particular consultant in mind as our team can let you know the next available appointment with a specialist.
2. Get in touch
Simply fill out the form at the bottom of the Circle website to fast-track your treatment with Circle. Our team are also here to help over the phone, so just give your local Circle hospital a call to discuss your options – call 0118 922 0026 for our Reading hospital or 01761 422 288 for our hospital in Bath. Our team can give you guide prices for treatments and will advise if you’ll need a GP referral – we can even help follow-up with your GP practice if needed too.
3. Book your appointment
Once you’ve agreed the specialist you’d like to see, we can book you straight in to the next available clinic. You’ll always have an option of appointment times, so just let us what option best suits you.
Following your consultation, if onward treatment is advised, we’ll get in touch with a fixed-price quotation for any procedure. If you’re using private medical insurance, we’ll give you all the information you need to confirm details with your insurer, including your procedure code.
Wondering why thousands of patients are opting to get private treatment? Here are five key reasons:
- No waiting lists – not having to wait is one of the key reasons why patients choose to go private. Circle is no different – we don’t have waiting lists for private patients so you’ll be booked in to an appointment time that suits you.
- Choosing your hospital – there has never been so much choice as to where you can get treated. The Private Healthcare Information Network lets you compare local hospitals near you. Read more about our hospitals in Reading and Bath.
- Choice of consultant – private healthcare enables you to see a specialist consultant straight away, however long you’ve had symptoms for. So whether you’re looking to have a hip replacement, see a dermatologist about a skin condition or if you’d like expert advice on managing back pain, we have specialists who can help. Going private means you can choose which consultant you would like to see, based on their experience or perhaps through a recommendation from a friend. Read more about our consultants here.
- Flexible appointments – flexibility is another key benefit of private healthcare. When you book privately, you can choose the timeslot on a day that suits you.
- Fast onward referral – if you need to be referred on to see another specialist, it’s a quick and easy process with private healthcare. Our consultants are able to refer on to another specialist if they’re best placed to provide treatment, or quickly book you in for further tests and scans if needed.
Here are some key reasons for why you should choose Circle for your private treatment:
- 99% of patients would recommend us
We really value all patient feedback as it helps us to continually improve our services. According to data published on the Private Healthcare Information Network, 99% of patients at each of our hospitals said they would recommend us to family and friends.
- At the forefront of innovation
Circle runs a specialist rehabilitation service and invests in the latest technology to help transform the lives of patients by maintaining their independence during recovery from surgery, neurological conditions and chronic pain. In 2018, Circle Reading Hospital became the first hospital in Europe to use a state-of-the-art diagnostic device called mi-eye 2, enabling significantly quicker diagnoses compared to traditional MRI scans.
- Our hospital experience
Our hospitals are designed to feel different. We know a hospital visit can be daunting, so we have created a modern hospital experience which feels more like you're stepping into a luxury hotel. Take a virtual tour of our hospital in Reading to see for yourself.
- Consistent hospital ratings
Our hospitals are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) which ensures the highest standards of care are given in UK. Circle is one of only two UK private healthcare providers who have “Good” or better for all hospitals.
If you are using private medical insurance, you will usually need a GP referral first. If you are paying for your own treatment this is not always needed, but most consultants prefer to see one prior to your consultation. This is so they can get a full overview of the issue to offer expert help and advice in your private appointment.
If you get a GP referral in advance, it will be quick and easy to book you in to see a specialist. If you don’t have a referral yet, or aren’t sure what you’ll need, get in touch with your local Circle hospital who can help.
When you see your GP, make sure you let them know you’re planning to pay for yourself or use an insurance policy. You can also specify which Circle hospital you would like to visit and the particular consultant you want to see. Don’t worry if you’re not sure about a consultant, we can tell you what the next available appointment slots are. Your GP can then include all this information on your referral letter and send it across to us.
If you’re paying for your own treatment at Circle, we offer you the reassurance of having a fixed-price quotation for your treatment. Finance is available over 36, 48 or 60 months, subject to status, all with the option to settle interest free within the first 12 months if you choose. Find out more about finance options here.
Wondering how much procedures cost? Here are guide prices for common procedures at Circle hospitals:
- Total hip replacement – £10,500
- Total knee replacement – £10,850
- Knee ligament repair (ACL reconstruction) – £6,000
- Hernia (groin) repair under general anaesthetic – £2,490
- Carpal tunnel release surgery (wrist) – £1,600
- Varicose vein removal with radiofrequency (one leg, ablation) – £3,200
Keen to find out more about what our hospitals offer in Reading and Bath? Click the options below to find out more.