Complex sports injury clinic
Have you got a long-standing issue that is hindering your sports performance? Perhaps you have see multiple specialists over the weeks, months or years?
If you have a complex case and cannot get over the brick wall ahead of you, then Circle Rehabilitation may be able to help.
The Complex Case service at Circle Rehabilitation centre in Birmingham is ideal for both elite athletes and amateur sportspeople who cannot progress due to sports injuries or injuries incurred which affect sports performance, whether that is contact sport or individual sport.
- Are struggling to overcome issues hindering performance across a range of sports - football, basketball, rugby, running, individual sports and team sports
- Have seen multiple specialists but have not had a satisfactory result nor progressed
- Have hit a brick wall and cannot see a way forward
We will review your case, speak with you about your training load and previous sports therapy, talk with you about sports nutrition, measure your muscular strength and muscle mass, examine your range of motion and power output. Importantly, we will talk with you about your goals and create a programme with you designed to overcome your issue and increase your physical performance. The mental element of your programme is important; we work with sports psychologists to help you overcome psychological factors.
If you need additional diagnostics, such as x-ray, MRI and blood tests, we can organise that. If you would like second opinions, or reports for medicolegal purposes then we can arrange that for you too.
- Fractures, injuries and illnesses
- Performance sport
- Endurance training
- Muscle strength
- Skeletal muscle
- Sports development
- Muscle glycogen
- Body composition
- Physical activity review
- Sport performance
- Connective tissue
- Strength development
- Performance analysis
- Sports medicine
- Training programmes
- Sports psychology
- Muscle fatigue
- Injury prevention
We will work with you - you set the goals and we work towards them together. We can design a programme that is bespoke to you - if you need three-times-daily sessions then we will build them in; if you need a hospital stay or further diagnostics then we can make that happen. If you need second opinions, then we can sort those out too. All our complex case programmes at Circle Rehabilitation are medically-led by one of our specialist consultants.
Our private sports injury clinic contains a wide variety of state-of-the-art equipment. This includes:
- AlterG anti-gravity treadmill– driven by technology from NASA, this helps to shorten recovery time, improve mobility and reduce injury. Also used by some of the world's highest performing endurance athletes to improve sporting performance
- Run3D Gait Analysis – analyses biomechanics and helps to identify why pain is occurring
- Spinal strengthening technology – to help strengthen core muscles
- Premium gym and exercise equipment – ensuring you have quality equipment at your disposal.
- Biodex balance system - to help keep you stable
- Hi Tech Hydro Physio - for exercise with less impact but more resistance
- Biodex System 4 - for skeletal muscle control and core strength
- Shockwave therapy - to stimulate healing
- Premium gym equipment - for muscular strength and cardio, endurance training
- Lyra Gait - walking therapy for a greater degree of gait analysis and correction
- Sports nutrition advice