Neurological Rehabilitation Brochure
Introducing a step-change in the quality of rehabilitative care
We offer clinics for Fibromyalgia, Spasticity and Spastic Dystonia, Nutrition, High Performance and Sports Injury, Stroke and Parkinson’s
After being diagnosed with a stroke, other brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease, or following neuro-surgery, focussed rehabilitation support is vital for everyone involved.
Our goal is to help you or a loved one to recover or manage your condition to optimise functioning, so you can seamlessly transition, where possible, back to the comfort of your own home. We can provide full support and treatment during those crucial first weeks, all within a friendly and relaxed environment.
We assess patients within 24 hours (and often on the same day):
- by telephone or videoconference (Skype, Apple Facetime and WebEx);
- in person in our assessment centres in central London, Reading, Bedford, Nottingham or Bath;
- as an inpatient at a Circle Rehabilitation Unit.
Our five-star style concierge service can arrange a car to transport patients in comfort to our inpatient rehabilitation unit in Berkshire – within easy access of Heathrow Airport, Windsor, Henley and Reading. The unit offers a five-star style experience and menus overseen by a Michelin-trained chef. In the near future, we will be adding a 120-bed rehabilitation suite in Birmingham, and we can also arrange treatment in and transportation to one of our network of VAMED rehabilitation hospitals across Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
Our facilities provide some of the very latest equipment and technologies, which will be used to help accelerate your recovery. Our inpatient facility in Berkshire is part of a sizeable private hospital, where we have 120 consultants and a wide range of equipment available, including MRI and CT scanners, which provide an on-site backup for patients who might experience other health issues during their rehabilitation stay. Below is just a small snapshot of some of the latest equipment we can use to aid your recovery:
- LiteGait – a revolutionary piece of kit that supports walking therapy, simultaneously controlling weight-bearing, posture and balance
- MOTOmed – combats the lack of movement that fuels the degeneration process of the human body. It provides smooth, controlled and pleasant movement, which loosens and strengthens the muscles, stimulates the metabolism and the circulation, and improves endurance and cardio-vascular functions
- Sara Stedy – a mobility-promoting support aid that encourages more mobile patients to stand up independently
- Evolv Easy Standing frame – provides a safe and supportive transition to standing.
Other equipment includes: AlterG, Megapulse electrotherapy, aquatic treadmill, red laser treatment to accelerate wound healing, continual passive motion, Biodex Balance SD, GameReady (ice and compression), premium gymnasium
and exercise equipment, physiology and fitness testing, body composition analysis, spinal strengthening technology, Moveo platforms (neurological) and Bioness electrical stimulation.
Circle hospitals are luxurious. They look and feel like hotels, with relaxing bedrooms, social areas like a rehabilitation lounge and an atrium that are designed to give patients the comfort and relaxation to a standard unusual in a hospital setting. The menus are overseen by a Michelin-trained chef, and our menus can be adapted to meet your dietary requirements. When it comes to looking after our patients – and their friends and family – our hospitality team are second to none. We encourage the families and friends of our patients to be involved in their care and understand the therapy they are receiving. At our rehabilitation unit in Berkshire, we offer flexible visiting times and have comfortable facilities for visitors to spend time with patients, have refreshments or a meal, and our concierge service can book overnight accommodation either on-site or at the adjacent Hilton Hotel.
Our concierge service can also arrange:
- An interpreter service
- A list of restaurants nearby, good shops and other entertainment
- Transportation for friends and family
- Health insurance assistance
Our Circle Rehabilitation Unit in Berkshire is designed to feel modern, relaxed and homely so you can enjoy your stay in comfort. Whether it’s relaxing in your private bedroom, or socialising in our patient recreation area over a freshly made latte, we’ve got something for everyone.
Enjoy more home comforts when you stay with us:
- Private, en-suite room
- Use of our exclusive patient recreation area including lounge, kitchenette and garden (coming soon)
- Guest bed so a partner or parent can stay overnight (please contact us for costs)
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Complimentary 24 hour car parking for family and friends
- Free Wi-Fi in bedrooms and public areas
- Unlimited complimentary tea and coffee for you and your family
- TV, films and music available in your room
- Appetising menus designed by our Michelin-trained chef (food for family and friends at an additional cost)
- Newspaper of your choice included, every day of your stay
- Concierge service to arrange additional services, often at discounted rates. Examples include an interpreter service, health insurance assistance, beauty treatments, hairdressing, taxis and florists
- Our concierge service can also assist friends and family, for example with a list of restaurants nearby, good shops and other entertainment, and by arranging transportation to and from the hospital.
To help you in your recovery, we can provide full support during that crucial period following surgery, all within the friendly and relaxed environment of our Circle hospital in Berkshire. We offer far more than physiotherapy alone. Our expert medical team includes consultants, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dieticians and other specialist rehabilitation therapists. They’ll provide you with the latest treatment and therapies utilising state-of-the-art technology. Our programmes are based on VAMED’s evidence-based European models to accelerate recovery. If you need additional specialist medical care or diagnostics, being based within a private hospital means you won’t need to go anywhere else – you will receive all the elective care you need in one place.
Providing expert care and support to patients diagnosed with:
- Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Motor Neurone Disease
- Brain injury
- Spinal surgery or injury
We offer a broad range of services at Circle Rehabilitation. Our team can provide up to three hours of therapy every day, targeted to your specific needs. Typical treatments include:
Physiotherapy, Orthotic management including splints, Occupational Therapy, Dietary advice, Speech Therapy, Bladder and Bowel Programme, Neuropsychology, Group therapy to aid motivation and morale, Specialist massage, Group lectures and social activities to aid motivation and morale
Please note that we can only take patients where we have specialists to assist with particular conditions. Give us a ring and we can arrange a discussion along with friends and family to advise on next steps.
As all treatments are focused around your needs, these can vary on a daily basis to reflect your progress during recovery. As an example, here’s how we might structure a day at Circle Rehabilitation:
7.30am Discussion around activities of daily living – supported by a Rehabilitation Assistant
8.30am Diners group and dysphagia support
9.00am Bowel programme
10.00am Physiotherapy 1:1
11.00am Bladder programme
12.30pm Diners group
2.30pm Speech therapist/occupational therapist/neuropsychologist (rotated through the week)
3.30pm Group therapy functional practise
4.00pm Bladder training
For a no obligation discussion about your options, or to book an initial assessment, please call the Circle Rehabilitation team using the number at the top of the page or email email@example.com. We welcome referrals from consultants, general practitioners, insurers and directly by patients. We can provide assistance to individuals, embassies and overseas patients on admissions, and we welcome enquiries from patients and their families to determine the most appropriate care we can offer.