MSK Brochure - Introducing a step-change in the quality of rehabilitative care
If you’ve been for an operation like a hip or knee replacement or if you suffer from bone or muscle pain, the last thing you want is a stressful, poor rehabilitation experience. We’ve introduced a major upgrade in the quality of care, with an investment in technology, know-how and luxury that’s simply not readily available elsewhere. Everything we do is designed to bring comfort to our patients’ recoveries. We assess patients within 24 hours (and often on the same day):
- by telephone or videoconference (Skype, Apple Facetime and WebEx);
- in person in our assessment centres in central London, Reading, Bedford, Nottingham or Bath;
- as an inpatient at a Circle Rehabilitation Unit.
Our facilities provide some of the very latest equipment and technologies, which will be used to help accelerate your recovery. Our inpatient facility in Berkshire is part of a sizeable private hospital, where we have 120 consultants and a wide range of equipment available, including MRI and CT scanners, which provide an on-site backup for patients who might experience other health issues during their rehabilitation stay. Below is just a small snapshot of some of the latest equipment we can use to aid your recovery:
- Anti-gravity treadmill – driven by technology from Nasa, this helps to shorten recovery time, improve mobility and reduce injury
- Gait analysis – analyse biomechanics and helps to identify why pain is occurring
- Spinal strengthening technology – to help strengthen core muscles
- Continual Passive Motion device – helps you to regain your range of knee movement
- Premium gym and exercise equipment – ensuring you have quality equipment at your disposal.
Other equipment includes LiteGait, Megapulse electrotherapy, aquatic treadmill, red laser treatment to accelerate wound healing, continual passive motion, Biodex Balance SD, GameReady (ice and compression), premium gymnasium and exercise equipment, physiology and fitness testing, body composition analysis, Moveo platforms (neurological) and Bioness electrical stimulation.
Circle hospitals are luxurious. They look and feel like hotels, with relaxing bedrooms, social areas like a rehabilitation lounge and an atrium that are designed to give patients the comfort and relaxation to a standard unusual in a hospital setting. The menus are overseen by a Michelin-trained chef, and our menus can be adapted to meet your dietary requirements. When it comes to looking after our patients – and their friends and family – our hospitality team are second to none. We encourage the families and friends of our patients to be involved in their care and understand the therapy they are receiving. At our rehabilitation unit in Berkshire, we offer flexible visiting times and have comfortable facilities for visitors to spend time with patients, have refreshments or a meal, and our concierge service can book overnight accommodation either on-site or at the adjacent Hilton Hotel.
Our concierge service can also arrange:
- An interpreter service
- A list of restaurants nearby, good shops and other entertainment
- Transportation for friends and family
- Health insurance assistance
Our Circle Rehabilitation Unit in Berkshire is designed to feel modern, relaxed and homely so you can enjoy your stay in comfort. Whether it’s relaxing in your private bedroom, or socialising in our patient recreation area over a freshly made latte, we’ve got something for everyone.
Enjoy more home comforts when you stay with us:
- Private, en-suite room
- Use of our exclusive patient recreation area including lounge, kitchenette and garden (coming soon)
- Guest bed so a partner or parent can stay overnight (please contact us for costs)
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- Complimentary 24 hour car parking for family and friends
- Free Wi-Fi in bedrooms and public areas
- Unlimited complimentary tea and coffee for you and your family
- TV, films and music available in your room
- Appetising menus designed by our Michelin-trained chef (food for family and friends at an additional cost)
- Newspaper of your choice included, every day of your stay
- Concierge service to arrange additional services, often at discounted rates. Examples include an interpreter service, health insurance assistance, beauty treatments, hairdressing, taxis and florists
- Our concierge service can also assist friends and family, for example with a list of restaurants nearby, good shops and other entertainment, and by arranging transportation to and from the hospital.
To help you in your recovery, we can provide full support during that crucial period following surgery, all within the friendly and relaxed environment of our Circle hospital in Berkshire. We offer far more than physiotherapy alone. Our expert medical team includes consultants, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, dieticians and other specialist rehabilitation therapists. They’ll provide you with the latest treatment and therapies utilising state-of-the-art technology. If you need additional specialist medical care or diagnostics, being based within a private hospital means you won’t need to go anywhere else – you will receive all the elective care you need in one place.
Our consultants and therapy team will assess your needs to create an individual therapy plan for your stay. This includes up to three hours of therapy per day, and will be adjusted daily according to your progress. Your treatments could include the following: Treatments offered Physiotherapy Specialist massage Dietary advice Psychology support Occupational Therapy Educational lectures to aid understanding Group therapy and lectures, to aid motivation and morale Sports Therapist sessions, to aid overall fitness and wellbeing.
As all treatments are focused around your needs, these can vary on a daily basis to reflect your progress during recovery. As an example, here’s how we might structure a day at Circle Rehabilitation:
7.30am Managing your morning routine after a knee replacement
9.00am Soft tissue massage
9.30am Physiotherapy 1:1
11.30am Dietary workshop
2.00pm Group therapy – examples include Pilates, Tai-Chi, Strength and Conditioning e.g. use of bike, balance re-education
4.00pm Group functional exercises including mobilising outdoors, in and out car practise
How long you stay is completely up to you, but your consultant will make recommendations depending on your needs. Whatever you choose, we can help in your onward journey too. We have dedicated staff who will work together to ensure that you have a smooth transition back into your home and organise any on-going support you may need.
For a no-obligation discussion about your options, or to book an initial assessment, please call the Circle Rehabilitation team using the number at the top of the page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome referrals from consultants, general practitioners, insurers and directly by patients. We can provide assistance to individuals, embassies and overseas patients on admissions, and we welcome enquiries from patients and their families to determine the most appropriate care we can offer.