Rehabilitation after surgery
Rehabilitation after surgery
If you have recently experienced an injury or had an operation on your bones and joints, we understand you might feel anxious and concerned about regaining your strength and movement.
You’ll want reassurance that you are going to get the support you need to help you recover and return to independence as quickly as possible.
At Circle Rehabilitation in Reading and Birmingham, we are here to support you. Our purpose-built rehabilitation centres are designed to provide you with world-class care, access to state of the art facilities, and an expert team of dedicated healthcare professionals.
Circle Rehabilitation looks after the recovery needs of people in Reading, Berkshire, London and the south of England, while our Birmingham centre is ideally placed in the West Midlands for people in Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stoke, Shrewsbury, Worcester and beyond.
Every one of us is focused on your recovery and helping you to achieve your goals.
At Circle Rehabilitation, our team of bones and joints specialists can help you recover from whatever operation you have had. We have the expertise to accelerate your rehabilitation.
People often come to us if they’ve had:
Jayne's story with Circle Rehabilitation
Hear from Jayne, who surpassed her own goals of recovering from hip surgery.
Meet our multidisciplinary team, see our high-tech equipment and experience Circle Rehabilitation.
At Circle Rehabilitation, our treatment programmes are as individual as you are. We build a bespoke plan around your needs and goals. Our experienced team and excellent equipment help you get there faster.
Our multidisciplinary specialists include consultants, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, clinical psychologists and dieticians.
The latest innovations in medical technology, combined with intensive support provided by a range of clinicians, ensures that you will see results.
You will also benefit from our close working relationship with the 50+ hospitals in the Circle Health Group, giving you access to specialist services including radiology, pharmacy, and clinical expertise from leading consultants.
We offer the full range of rehabilitation services to those with bone and joint related conditions, including:
- Manual therapy
- 3D Gait analysis and subsequent detailed gait education
- Anti-gravity treadmill training
- Balance and coordination training
- Myofascial therapy
- Trigger point therapy
- Sports physiotherapy
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical Pilates
- Shockwave therapy
- Biodex isokinetic strength assessment
- Muscle stimulation
- Sports physiological testing
- Occupational therapy
- Nutritional advice
- Education sessions
- Group strengthening classes
- GameReady ice system
- Continuous passive motion devices
- Upon admission, a comprehensive medical and nursing assessment will take place. If necessary, further examinations will be carried out at one of our local hospitals
- Your initial assessment will include a discussion on your goals to ensure that these are included in your treatment plan
- You can expect up to three hours of therapy sessions a day, including exercise, activities of daily living and education
- You’ll have regular visits from your supervising consultant and therapists to ensure your progress is reflected in on-going goal setting and review
- We offer 24-hour nursing care and medical cover according to individual need
- We’ll make sure you’re properly prepared when the time comes to be discharged from Circle Rehabilitation Centre
- You’ll still have access to on-going support, training and access to outpatient treatments if you need it afterwards
Circle Rehabilitation programmes are designed to treat a range of bone and joint conditions, with the aim of accelerating your recovery.
Our services can accommodate all needs and stages of rehabilitation from highly specialised, intensive rehabilitation post-surgery, to targeted training exercise programmes, delivered in our outpatient physiotherapy department.
We can help you with:
- Post-orthopaedic surgery, including joint replacement, fracture or ligament repairs
- Complex trauma
- Sports injuries such as muscle or ligament tears
- Back or neck pain linked to the spinal cord
At Circle Rehabilitation in Reading or Birmingham you can enjoy:
- A private en suite room, with TV, films and music available
- Use of our exclusive patient recreational area
- Option of a guest bed (please contact us for our price list)
- Unrestricted visiting hours
- 24-hour car parking for family and friends
- Complimentary tea and coffee for you and your family
- Appetising menu prepared by our on-site team of chefs
- Free newspaper of your choice