A fully digital dermatology pathway
A unique Digi-Dermatology service your patients can benefit from: Rapid assesment and appropriate treatment
Circle Integrated Care has a fully virtual highly skilled team that provide support for over 1.3m NHS patients. Our unique virtual dermatology service combines digital and face to face dermatology care that will meet the clinical needs of the patient, within a service that is highly accessible. UK trained Consultant Dermatologists and highly qualified Consultant and Specialist Nurses underpin the service, with their virtual expert care now available to patients throughout the UK.
Our approach means patient flow can be maintained, by providing extra workforce capacity and delivering care virtually or within our community locations.
Patients with dermatology conditions that are mid-treatment or having just been referred by primary care, can be transferred to our dermatology pathway.
Our non-cancer dermatology service includes:
- Expert clinical triage, within 24 hours, by a team of consultant dermatologists to ensure the patient is put on the most appropriate care plan, first time.
- Multidisciplinary team of professionals providing video and face to face consultations and treatments – ensuring the patient gets rapid access to the right clinician.
- Specialist clinics for Acne and Psoriasis patients including the management of systemic and biologic drug regimes.
- Expertise to optimise medicine management and maximise patient outcomes.
- Patient access to our uniquely configured dermatology app, enabling patients to interact directly with the service.
- Collation of clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction and activity data that can be integrated back in to primary care or secondary care systems.
- Rapid assessment via our Digi-dermatology pathway. Key components include:
1. High quality dermascopic images captured in the community.
2. Images clinically reviewed through a combined AI and dermatologist approach
3. Care plans actioned
- A pathway that maximises virtual offering, with minimal physical touch points required with the patient. Patient consultations, where appropriate, are completed virtually.
- A solution that is fully scalable, due to its innovative technology and virtual core
- A pathway that can be rapidly mobilised, and fully reportable
- A solution that ensures current patients in secondary care are effectively managed to free up capacity to meet the future need building up in primary care (due to people’s reluctance to access care during current COVID times.)
- Patients can access an urgent virtual appointment with a consultant dermatologist, who can assess, provide a diagnosis where possible, offer advice and self-management, and co-ordinate any required treatment including prescriptions.
- Patients can continue on with their medication, without any breaks in their prescribed regimes.
- GP’s have an escalation point for patients of immediate concern, therefore reducing their isolation in primary care
Support for Primary Care
- Advice and guidance support.
- GP helpline, staffed by our lead consultant nurse with rapid access to consultant dermatologist when needed.
- A service that is fully integrated with EMIS and SystmOne, therefore treatment records can be securely shared back with primary care
- By providing a responsive dermatology service and continuing the flow of dermatology patients, primary care will be supported with rapid access to specialist care for any future patient demand.
Support for Dermatology departments
- Patients can be transferred from waiting lists on to a tried and tested virtual Dermatology pathway, where majority of patients will be managed to point of discharge.
- Can transfer mixed patient cohorts, or specialist pathways, including patients requiring management of biologics or systemics.
- A provider with experience of rapid and secure patient transfer between organisations
Quality and Outcomes
Quality care - Circle Group only utilises CCT-holding/UK trained clinical professionals
In one of our services, our teledermatology pathway prevented 7,700 patients from needing a secondary care appointment and saved the CCG £890K
Circle have experience of delivering over 11,000 specialist skin treatments and interventions every year