Mr Vinay Ketkar
Specialist in Sports Medicine and Sports Injury
0118 922 6836
Mr Vinay Ketkar is an independent specialist in Sports Medicine and Sports Injury, working with recreational and elite athletes. He has extensive experience in the NHS; he has been a musculoskeletal physician at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust since 2004 and has his own sports injury clinic and injection/procedure list at the hospital.
His main interest is Back Pain and spinal problems however he also has experience at dealing with other musculoskeletal and sports injury problems. These can include Knee Injuries, Stress Fractures, Knee Pain, Low Back Pain, Upper Limb problems and other issues arising from Sporting Activities - whether for runners, rugby and football professional sports players, elite sports teams and Olympic elite athletes or for amateurs who like playing sport purely for fun, fitness and mental health.
He has worked with British Gymnastics athletes, the Team GB para-archery team, Derbyshire Cricket Club and Birmingham City Football Club, where he is currently the first team doctor for the academy and women's first football team.
He is a tutor for and on the education committee for BIMM (British Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine). He has lectured in England and the UK as well as Internationally on the subject of back pain and other musculoskeletal topics. He assesses the work of other sports physicians as part of his role as examiner for the London Diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine
Mr Ketkar has had extensive experience in rehabilitation with armed forces and military personnel. He has worked in Multi-Disciplinary Injury Assessment Clinics (MIACs) at Lichfield and at RAF Cosford, and at Defence Medical Services at Lichfield, Staffordshire and Greet Orthopaedic Clinic in central Birmingham.
Mr Ketkar can provide an expert sports medicine opinion. He works with a multi-disciplinary team of sports injury professionals at Circle Rehabilitation, with extensive experience of helping people back to fitness. This Team Approach promotes a holistic rehabilitation to sports medicine and includes physiotherapy, exercise medicine, physical therapy, physical medicine, and psychological support. He works closely with sports physiotherapists as part of the sports medicine clinic.
Contact Mr Ketkar and the expert sports rehabilitation team for a consultant appointment.
- Back pain
- Spinal problems
- Sports and other joint and soft tissue injuries
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Fluoroscopic x-ray and ultrasound guided injection treatments including prolotherapy.
- Spinal rehabilitation
- Non- surgical management of back and pelvic pain
- Treatment of sports injuries in recreational and elite athletes
- Sport and exercise medicine
- Sports Medicine Clinic
- Elite Sports Injury Clinic
- Prolotherapy injections
- Hypertonic dextrose injections
- Steroid injections
- Facet joint injections
- Nerve blocks
- Diagnostic back injections
- Sacroiliac injections
- Radiofrequency Denervation of facets and sacroiliac joints
- Peripheral joint injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma injections
- Trigger point injections
- Hyaluronic Acid injections
- Ultrasound and x-ray guided injections
- Shockwave therapy
- General Medical Council, London
- International Spine Intervention Society, London
- British Institute of Musculoskeletal Medicine, London
- British Medical Acupuncture Society, London
- The Society of Orthopaedic Medicine, London
- BASEM (British Association of Sport and Exercise Medicine)
- UK association of doctors in sport
- Member of the Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Member of the Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine