Mr Tom Rourke
Consultant ENT Surgeon
Circle Reading Hospital
0118 922 6888
Mr Rourke is an ENT Consultant at Circle Reading Hospital.
After graduating from medical school in 2003, he went on to work in hospitals in Nottingham, Norwich and Oxford before spending time at the Head & Neck Department, Royal Marsden Hospital, London.
He then undertook his specialist training in ENT Surgery within the Oxford/Thames Valley Deanery. During this time, he also undertook a surgical fellowship in nose, sinus and facial plastic surgery, gaining experience in the management of complex nose/sinus conditions and skin cancers of the Head & Neck region.
Towards the end of his training, he worked in the Head & Neck department at the Churchill Hospital, Oxford gaining experience in the treatment of Head & Neck Cancer.
Throughout his training he developed an interest in Medical education, having gained a Masters from Warwick University in 2013. He has also completed an educational fellowship in 2011, looking into improving communication between clinical staff within the NHS.
He has been a visiting lecturer at Reading University and is Foundation Programme Training Director at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Tom is married with one child. He spends his free time with his family, walking the dog, fishing, DIY, playing golf and enjoying the countryside.
ENT Consultant at The Royal Berkshire Hospital and West Berkshire Community Hospital.
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Thyroid problems
- Voice and airway problems
- Rhinology and Sinusitis
- Skin cancer of the head and neck
- Medical Education
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Adenoid removal
- Deafness treatment
- Ear infection treatment
- ENT assessment
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Hearing aid advice and fitting
- Hearing loss management
- Hoarseness diagnosis and treatment
- Nasal blockage surgery (polyps and deviated nasal septum)
- Oral lesion excision
- Salivary gland surgery
- Sinusitis treatment
- Snoring treatment
- Split earlobe repair
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Total thyroidectomy
- Thyroid lobectomy
- Skin grafts
- Skin lesion removal
- Skin lesion excision
- Facial skin lesion and biopsy
- Tonsil removal (tonsillectomy)
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Grommets insertion (glue ear treatment)
- Head and neck malignancy surgery
- Sleep apnoea treatment