Dr Priyanka Chandratre
0118 922 6836
Independent Consultant rheumatology specialist Dr Priyanka Chandratre graduated in 2005 from the University Of Wales College Of Medicine with MBBCh and first class honours BSc in Molecular and Cellular Biology. She started Rheumatology registrar training in Liverpool and subsequently gained an academic fellowship from the NIHR School for Primary Care Research to undertake a doctoral thesis at Keele University researching the Health Related Quality of Life in Gout.
After completing her rheumatology education and training, she was appointed as a Consultant Rheumatologist at Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust in March 2017.
She is a general rheumatologist and sees patients with all rheumatological conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic disease, inflammatory arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and musculoskeletal disease. Her range of current treatments and drug treatments includes a comprehensive range of joint and soft tissue injections.
Dr Chandratre's special interests are in auto-inflammatory diseases such as crystal arthritis and Behcet's syndrome. She is the first author of the chapter on crystal arthritis in the European League Against Rheumatism compendium textbook. She is building on her rheumatology research by developing into the role of the lead for the National Centre of Excellence for Behcet's Disease. She has been the lead for community rheumatology services within her NHS trust and has been articles about rheumatology research and rheumatic disease published in peer reviewed journals and presented nationally and internationally. She is also a tutor for 3rd and 4th year medical students and deliver peer led teaching to multi-specialty colleagues. She enjoys spending time with her family, cooking and music in my spare time.
Having completed the Prevalence of Behcet's disease in adults in England: A pilot retrospective observational study' based at the Birmingham National Centre for Excellence for Behcet's, she has applied for funding from Behcet's UK to conduct a nationwide study of the prevalence and incidence of Behcets.
Also works at BMI The Priory Hospital.
- July 2015 | PhD (Health Related Quality of Life in Gout: A mixed methods study), Keele University
- July 2005 | MBBCh (Merit) University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff
- June 2003| Intercalated BSc (1st class Honours) Cellular and Molecular Pathology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff
- General Medical Council number (GMC), London
- Medical Defence Union, London
- British Medical Association, London
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh (RCP) (UK)
- British Society of Rheumatology, London
- European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR), Switzerland
- Midland Rheumatology Society, Birmingham
- Indo-UK Rheumatology Society