Dr Noushad Mytheen
0118 922 6836
Dr Noushad Mytheen is an independent Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist, He completed his National Specialist Registrar training in Clinical Neurophysiology from Sheffield teaching Hospitals in 2002 with attachments at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital in London.
He has been a Consultant in the speciality since 2002.
He uses clinical examination and tests using specialised computer-aided equipment to assist diagnosis for patients.
Dr Mytheen is the clinical lead at the Clinical Neurophysiology Department at City Hospital (Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust) which is one of the largest provider of Neurophysiology services in the West Midlands receiving referrals from a large number of hospitals and GP surgeries.
He is the Chair of West Midlands Speciality Training Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology and Member of Specialist Advisory Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology at the Royal College of Physicians, London.
Dr Mytheen's clinical work includes Nerve Conduction Studies and Electromyography for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, other entrapment (trapping) nerve problems, peripheral neuropathies, muscle disorders like myopathy muscular dystrophy, nerve injuries.
He also provides EEG investigation of epilepsy and other selected brain disorders and offers full reports for both routine and non-routine Electroencephalographs (EEGs) and Evoked Potential Studies ( EPs).
Dr Mytheen's research interests are in quantitative EMG studies. He regularly gives lectures in local and regional, meetings/teaching programmes on many topics in Clinical Neurophysiology and neuroscience.
His work within a multidisciplinary team sees him engage with clinical physiologists, specialists, therapists, nurses and other medical staff and healthcare professionals. Each treatment plan for people with neurological conditions at Circle Rehabilitation is medically-led and devised in conjunction with the patient's goals and desired health outcomes.
Also works at BMI The Priory Hospital.
- Chair of West Midlands Speciality Training Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology
- Member of Specialist Advisory Committee in Clinical Neurophysiology at the Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Society of Clinical Neurophysiology, London
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, US
- British Medical Association, London
- Medical Protection Society, London
- EMG and nerve conduction studies
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and entrapment neuropathies
- Neuromuscular Electrophysiological studies
- EEG (Electroencephalography)
- Epilepsy in Adults, diagnosis and treatment