Dr Mark Farrant is a Consultant Gastroenterologist practising at Circle Bath Hospital. He was appointed as a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist and has a full-time NHS contract at the Royal United Hospital in Bath.
He performs all endoscopic procedures and monitors his success rates on a regular basis:
- Gastroscopy (endoscopy of the oesophagus and stomach)
- Colonoscopy (endoscopy of the entire large bowel)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy (endoscopy of the lower large bowel)
- ERCP (endoscopy of the biliary tree e.g. for gallstones)
- Oesophageal dilatation and stenting
Dr Farrant offers appointments once a week on variable days and can arrange evening attendance.
Circle Bath Hospital is (JAG) Joint Advisory Group Accredited for its Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
The JAG Accreditation Scheme is designed to recognise examples of exemplary standards in the sector and denotes formal recognition that an endoscopy unit has the competence to deliver against national measures set out in the Global Rating Scale Standards (GRS), a tool produced to assess how well a unit provides patient centred care.
Current NHS position
Dr Farrant is a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at the Royal United Hospital in Bath.
- Barrett's metaplasia
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease