Mr Joshua Jacob
Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon
Circle Reading Hospital
0118 922 6888
Mr Joshua Jacob is a Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in lower limb surgery.
His specialist interests include primary hip and knee replacements, knee arthroscopy (key-hole surgery) knee ligament reconstructions, forefoot bunion surgery and complex trauma.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Josh did his basic surgical training in Durham. Subsequently, he completed a Masters in Biomedical Engineering at the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore.
Josh completed his Post graduate Orthopaedic training in London and undertook two specialist fellowships at the Rowley Bristow unit at St. Peter’s Hospital.
These were in:
1. Limb Reconstruction and Advanced Trauma
2. Sports Surgery and Joint Replacement (Royal College of Surgeons of England approved fellowship)
Josh enjoys playing squash competitively, and plays the guitar and piano for leisure. He is a committed Christian and actively involved in his church.
He is married to Bobbi, a GP, and they have four children.
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Ashford and St Peter’s hospital NHS Trust
Hip and knee arthroplasty, Knee ligament surgery, Ilizarov frame surgery for complex articular fractures, Lower limb trauma
Recent advances in lower limb trauma, stem cell treatment for early knee OA
- Ankle ligament repair
- Big toe cheilectomy
- Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery
- Hip replacement surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee pain diagnosis & treatment
- Knee replacement surgery (partial)
- Knee replacement surgery
- Kneecap joint replacement surgery
- Meniscal repair surgery
- Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee realignment surgery (osteotomy)
- Foot bunion removal surgery
- Knee cartilage surgery