Mr James Catton
Consultant Oesphago-gastric & General Surgeon
Mr James Catton is a Consultant Oesphago-gastric and General Surgeon at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust. He works as part of the Trent Oesphago-gastric unit (TOGU) based at Nottingham City hospital.
Mr Catton is the Cancer lead for the Nottingham University Trust, working with each of the cancer site to improve the care of cancer patients in Nottingham and the surrounding area.
Mr Catton sees and treats both NHS and private patients at the Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre
Mr Catton is a Consultant Oesphago-gastric and General Surgeon at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Mr Catton has several specialist interests including:
- The diagnosis and treatment of Oesphageal and gastric cancer
- The treatment of benign oesophageal and gastric diseases including gastro-oesphageal reflux and hiatal hernia surgery
- Hernia surgery-including open and laparoscopic repair
- British Medical Association
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)