Mr Fulvio Urso-Baiarda
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Circle Reading Hospital
0118 922 6888
Fulvio Urso-Baiarda is an award-winning surgeon with 18 years’ experience providing some of the most progressive and high calibre plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery procedures.
For his patients, Fulvio’s calm, approachable demeanour and honest, forward-thinking appraisal of their surgery will ensure them an exceptional outcome and experience.
Fulvio is frequently approached for advice as a pioneer in the cosmetic surgery industry, working with a team of dedicated experts to provide you with the safest, most up-to-date treatment options. His commitment to surgical innovation and development has resulted in a new technique called Vegan Breast Augmentation, which gives the most natural possible results. His work in the field of research and best practice has won him many awards, a guest editorship and appointments recognising him as an industry specialist.
Outside of work, Fulvio is a passionate artist, a keen cyclist and helps charities close to his heart; he travelled to Sierra Leone to perform reconstructive surgery in the aftermath of the civil war. He lives in Windsor with his wife, two children and a miniature wire-haired Dachshund puppy (called Ted).
- Cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Cosmetic and reconstructive abdominal surgery
- Fat grafting/lipofilling
- Evidence-based cosmetic surgery (author of textbook of that title)
- Facial palsy and reanimation
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- 2017 Cosmetic Surgeon of the Year – Safety in Beauty Diamond Awards
- 2013 - Aesthetic Travelling Fellowship to Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital – BAAPS
- 2010 - Winner, BAPRAS Barron Prize
- 2005 - Winner, Trauma Research Prize, AOUK
- 2004 - Winner, Kay-Kilner Prize, BAPRAS, for Evidence-Based Plastic Surgery
1. Arshad Z, Halioua-Haubold C, Roberts M, Urso-Baiarda F, Branford O, Brindley D, Davies B, Pettitt D. Adipose-Derived Stem Cells in Aesthetic Surgery: A Mixed Methods Evaluation of the Current Clinical Trial, Intellectual Property, and Regulatory Landscape. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2017.
2. Evidence-Based Cosmetic Surgery. Nova Science Publishers (NY) 2014, Ed. Fulvio Urso- Baiarda.
3. Mallucci P, Song D, Branford O, Townley W, Urso-Baiarda F, Rohrich R. Non-Surgical Breast Augmentation: Where is the Evidence? PRS 2015.
4. Urso-Baiarda F, Townley W, Branford O, Rohrich R. PROMs – King of outcome assessment tools: Understanding how patients feel about their cosmetic surgery. PRS 2015.
5. Urso-Baiarda F, Grover R. Chapter: Facelifts, In: Evidence-Based Cosmetic Surgery. Nova Science Publishers 2014, Ed. Fulvio Urso-Baiarda.
6. Chin K, Urso-Baiarda F. Chapter: Hand Rejuvenation, In: Evidence-Based Cosmetic Surgery. Nova Science Publishers 2014, Ed. Fulvio Urso-Baiarda.
7. Edet J, Jivan S, Urso-Baiarda F. The Edinburgh Position – A Simple Method. International Journal of Surgery 2013; 11(8), 679
8. Gorman M, Lochrin C, Khan M, Urso-Baiarda F. Waiting Times and Decision-Making Behind Acute Plastic Surgical Referrals in the UK. J. Hosp. Admin 2013; 2(1), 68-76.
9. Bracher J, Saleh D, Urso-Baiarda F, Brierley N, Rawlins J, Bhandari S. Documenting Thermoregulatory System Activity in Burn Patients. Burns 2012; 38(6), 946-7.
10. Urso-Baiarda F, Southern S. The Management of Unstable Transverse Fractures of the Proximal Phalanx. J Hand Surg (E) 2012; 37(2), 185-186.
11. Urso-Baiarda F. Re: Allowing Juniors to Train in One Hospital Would Greatly Reduce Car Use. BMJ 2012;344:d8216
12. Urso-Baiarda F, Bracher J, Rawlins J. Chapter: Burns Amputations, In: Amputation: Types, Procedures and Risks. Nova Science Publishers 2011, Eds. Silvia Matthijs and Raphaël Sidransky.
13. Urso-Baiarda F, Rawlins J. Keloid and Hypertrophic Scarring (e-Learning for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery) [online]. Available at http://www.e-lfh.org.uk/ projects/e-lpras (March 2011).
14. Urso-Baiarda F, Grobbelaar A. Use of the interposed nerve graft to reduce differences in functional muscle transfer outcome arising from variability in motor input. JPRAS 2011;64,432-8.
15. MacQuillan A., Urso-Baiarda F, Grobbelaar A. The Incidence of Anterior Belly of Digastric Agenesis in Patients with Hemifacial Microsomia. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2010; 126, 1285-90.
16. Urso-Baiarda F, Stanley PRW. The ‘Butter Test’ To Guide Effective Tissue Cleansing After High- Pressure Injection Injury. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2010; 63, e792-e795.
17. Pinder, R, Urso-Baiarda F, Knight, S. Decades of Change in Plastic Surgery Training. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2010; 63, e662-e663.
18. Baker R, Urso-Baiarda F, Linge C, Grobbelaar A. Cutaneous Scarring: A Clinical Review. Dermatology Research and Practice 2009; 2009, 1-7
19. Urso-Baiarda F. An Observational Study of Timing versus Appropriateness of Acute Plastic Surgery Referrals in the UK. International Journal of Surgery 2009; 7(6): 539-542.
20. Urso-Baiarda F, Wallace C, Parkhouse N. Post-Traumatic Composite Graft Fingertip Replantation in Both Adults and Children. European Journal of Plastic Surgery 2009; 32(5): 229-233.
21. Shariff Z, Uzoigwe C, Urso-Baiarda F, Shetty A. Ulnar nerve paresis secondary to lunate dislocation. European Journal of Plastic Surgery 2009; 32(6): 333-335.
22. Wilks D., Urso-Baiarda F, Thornton D. Re: Coexisting harlequin and Horner syndromes after paediatric neck dissection: a case report and a review of the literature. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2009; 62, 269-70.
23. MacQuillan A, Grobbelaar A. Urso-Baiarda F. A Theory Explaining the Development of Late Onset Tightening or Contracture in Patients who have Undergone Facial Reanimation Surgery with Free Functional Muscle Transfers. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2009; 124(5): 254(e)-5(e).
24. Urso-Baiarda F, MacQuillan A, Grobbelaar A. A comparison of one- versus two-stage surgery in an experimental model of functional muscle transfer with interposed nerve grafting. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery 2009; 62, 1042-1047.
25. Urso-Baiarda F, Lyons R, Waring K, Camp D, Laing H. A Prospective Evaluation of the Modified Hand Injury Severity Score in Predicting Return to Work. International Journal of Surgery 2008; 6(1): 45-50.
26. Urso-Baiarda F, Grobbelaar A. Quantitative Assessment of Tissue Sections by Reverse Colour Coding. Journal of Neuroscience Methods 2008; 168(1): 256-64.
27. Urso-Baiarda F, Grobbelaar A. Regulation of functional muscle transfer force production by use of an interposed nerve graft. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery 2007; 60:S2-S3.
28. Urso-Baiarda, F, Shurey, S, Grobbelaar A. The Effect of Caffeine on Microsurgical Technical Skill. Microsurgery 2007; 27(2): 84-7.
29. Urso-Baiarda F, MacQuillan A, Grobbelaar A. The Bottleneck Theory: Accounting for Clinical and
Experimental Variability in the Outcome of Functional Muscle Transfer. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2007; 119(3): 1129-31.
30. Urso-Baiarda F, Grobbelaar A. Practical Nerve Morphometry. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2006; 156 (1-2): 333-41.
31. Urso-Baiarda F, Wallace C. Liposuction. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005; 87(4): 293-4.
32. Wallace C, Urso-Baiarda F. Human Bite Injuries. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 2005; 87(4): 294-5.
33. Urso-Baiarda F, Laing JH. Day Case Plastic Surgery in Nonagenarians. Journal of One-Day Surgery, 2005; 15(2): 50-52.
34. Urso-Baiarda F, Jaffe W. A Sponge Foam Dressing for Skin Grafting. Journal of Wound Care 2004; 13(5): 190.
35. Urso-Baiarda F, Saravanappa N. An Unusual Cause of Massive Fatal Epistaxis. Emergency Medical Journal 2004; 21(2): 266.
36. Urso-Baiarda F, Carr B, Deakin M. Small Bowel Necrosis Following Small Bowel Feeding in Impaired Mesenteric Flow States. Clinical Intensive Care 2003; 14(1-2): 61-65.
37. Urso-Baiarda F, Saravanappa N & Courteney-Harris R. Differential diagnosis of a swelling in the floor of the mouth. Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2003; 129(4): 490; 492.
38. Urso-Baiarda F. Viagra is licensed in Europe but rationed in Britain. Letter to British Medical Journal Online, 1998.
The following are examples of recently-posted public reviews.
- “After a big weight loss I was left with excess skin which left me, despite managing to loose weight unhappy with my body and lacking confidence. I tried everything I could to change the way my body now looked but I finally realised after some years of really trying that I was going to need surgery to get me there.
I met with lots of other surgeons and had a date booked for surgery abroad before I met Fulvio. By the end of my first consultation, I knew he was the man to help me. He made feel at ease like no other had and it was obvious that he genuinely cared. I cancelled my surgery abroad the next day and didn’t see any more surgeons!
I am now 10 days post-surgery and I can’t stop smiling, my body looks now how it did in my head after I lost my weight. My incision lines are neat and fine and it all looks more amazing than I ever could have imagined. I can’t wait to see how it’s all going to look when I have completely healed as it looks so great already. I honestly couldn’t be happier and will be forever grateful to Fulvio for helping me get the end of my weight loss journey by doing for me the things I couldn’t do for myself, no matter how hard I tried.
For anyone who is looking for help like I was I can only recommend Fulvio in the highest possible way. He is a lovely man who is fantastic at what he does, which in my case was making my dreams a reality.”
- “I had a breast reduction and lift in February with Fulvio and I am over the moon with the results! Fulvio and the clinic are an absolute pleasure they had all my checkups booked in before my op the whole process was so relaxed and I felt very well looked after even to this day! They all know exactly what they are talking about and I can’t recommend Fulvio & eterno enough! Thank you so much!!”
- “Highly recommend Fulvio..I cannot put into words what an amazing Man and Surgeon Fulvio is. From my initial consultation I knew I had found a very rare kind of surgeon. A true gentleman with fantastic talent and such a kind and gentle nature. He is so easy to talk to and immediately made me feel at ease.
I am currently one week post op and I am thrilled with my new breasts, Fulvio exceeded my expectations and I am so excited to see the final result once healed. My recovery has been almost pain free with no complications.
I cannot thank him enough for giving me back my confidence and as always I look forward to seeing him again at my follow up appointments.”
At the time of writing we have 56 online reviews, all of which have been given a rating of 5/5.