Dr Frances Rees is a Consultant Rheumatologist at the Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre and Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
She completed her Rheumatology training in the East Midlands, including subspecialist training in connective tissue disease (lupus, sjogren’s, myositis, scleroderma) with a PhD on the epidemiology of systemic lupus erythematosus.
Dr Rees sees both general Rheumatology and connective tissue disease patients.
She sees and treats NHS patients at the Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre.
Connect tissue disease (including lupus)
Connective tissue disease
General Medical Council
Royal Collect of Physicians
British Society of Rheumatology
British Medical Association
- Rees F, Doherty M, Lanyon P, et al. Early clinical features in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: can they be used to achieve earlier diagnosis? A risk prediction model. Arthritis Care Res. 2017; 69 (6): 833-41
- Rees F, Doherty M, Grainge M, et al. Mortality in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in the United Kingdom 1999-2012. Rheumatology. 2016; 55 (5):854-60.
- Rees F, Doherty M, Grainge M, et al The burden of co-morbidity in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in the United Kingdom 1999-2012. Arthritis Care Res. 2016 Jun;68(6):819-27
- Rees F, Doherty M, Grainge M, et al. The incidence and prevalence of systemic lupus erythematosus in the UK, 1999–2012. Ann Rheum Dis 2016; 75 (1):136-41
- Hui M, Garner R, Rees F, et al. Lupus nephritis: a 15-year multi-centre experience in the UK. Lupus. 2013;22(3):328-32.
- Rees F, Jenkins W, Doherty M. Patients with gout adhere to curative treatment if informed appropriately: proof-of-concept observational study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72(6):826-30.
- Rees F, Peffers G, Bell C et al. Compliance with NICE guidance on the use of anti-TNF agents in ankylosing spondylitis: an East and West Midlands regional audit. Clin Med. 2012; 12 (4): 324–7.
- Rees F, Doherty S, Hui M, Maciewicz R, Muir K, Zhang W, Doherty M. Distribution of finger nodes and their association with underlying radiographic features of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Care Res. 2012;64(4):533-8.
- Rees F, Yazdani R, Lanyon P. Long-term follow-up of different refractory systemic vasculitides treated with rituximab. Clin Rheumatol. 2011;30(9):1241-5.
Editorials and reviews
- Rees F, Doherty M, Grainge MJ, et al. The worldwide incidence and prevalence of systemic lupus erythematosus: a systematic review of epidemiological studies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56(11):1945-61
- Rees F, Doherty M. Fibromyalgia. 2017; 261(1805):23-26
- Rees F, Doherty M. Patients with gout can be cured in primary care. Practitioner. 2014 Dec; 258 (1777):15-9, 2.
- Rees F, Hui M, Doherty M. Optimizing current treatment of gout. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2014 May; 10 (5):271-83.
- Rees F, Deighton C. Good Clinical Care: Hot Joint. Foundation Years Journal. 2012; 6(2): 32–36.
- Rees F, Deighton C. Rheumatoid arthritis. Geriatric Medicine. 2012; 42: 45-48
- Rees F, Deighton C. Improving outcomes for rheumatoid arthritis. The Clinical Services Journal. 2011 May.