Have your shoulder and elbow surgery carried out by one of the most experienced surgeons in the country
If you require an operation on your shoulder or elbow, you’ll want to ensure the best treatment possible and a quick recovery.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment it’s no wonder that internationally-recognised consultant surgeons choose to see and treat their shoulder and elbow patients at Circle Bath.
During your stay with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious award-winning surroundings
We’ll carry out your operation in our dedicated Shoulder and Elbow Unit, where our specialist surgical team will provide you with the best possible support before, during and after your operation.
Whether you need shoulder or elbow replacement surgery, arthroscopy or any other type of treatment, we have a team of medical professionals who can help.
Your shoulder and elbow are susceptible to wear and tear by a number of means (both injury and disease), causing pain and a lack of mobility for you.
Perhaps you’re an elite athlete, facing a career-limiting injury to your shoulder or elbow. If so, you’ll want to be assured of fast, effective and world-class treatment.
Alternatively, you may have arthritis which is causing you increased stiffness and pain when moving.
Whatever the shoulder or elbow problem you’re experiencing, we can help.
At Circle Bath our two priorities with your shoulder and elbow surgery are always to:
- treat you quickly so that you’re not in pain any longer
- give you function back so that you can mobilise quickly and carry on enjoying life as soon as possible.
All without months of debilitating pain with you unable to use your arm fully, while you wait for an appointment in a regular hospital.
At Circle Bath, your surgery will be carried out in our dedicated Shoulder and Elbow Unit. Having this specialist unit means that all our staff are experts in their field and are able to focus on getting you treated and recovered quickly and safely.
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in shoulder and elbow problems. They’ll chat with you about your symptoms, ask about any pain you’re experiencing and discuss your previous medical history to get a clear understanding of things.
They’ll have a thorough examination of your shoulder or elbow and will probably ask you to move it around in various ways as part of this examination (they may also want to move your shoulder or elbow around themselves). This will help them to understand exactly what the problem is and will allow them to see the range of motion you currently have and precisely where and when you experience any pain and discomfort.
If they’d like any further tests carried out to aid diagnosis, you’ll have them carried out on the very same day (we don’t want you to have the hassle of needing to come back to us on a different day just for these tests).
Tests your consultant may want you to have include:
- an X-ray
- a CT scan: this can help the consultant visualise your bones in 3D, giving them a clearer picture of what’s going on
- an MRI scan: this is particularly good when muscular or ligament and tendon issues are suspected
- a blood test: to check for signs of inflammation or infection
Not all of these tests will be carried out, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed here. These will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis, on the same day as your consultation. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results just means additional pain, discomfort and uncertainty that you don’t need.
It should be noted that sometimes after this initial meeting the consultant may decide that you don’t require surgery on your shoulder or elbow and that treatment can be provided by some other means (for example physiotherapy).
If it’s determined that you do require surgery, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
If you do require surgery, we believe that you’ll find no better place to have it done than Circle Bath.
- an elite athlete desperate to get your injury fixed and healed quickly
- someone who wants to be pain-free in the shoulder or elbow
With our state-of-the-art equipment, purpose-built Shoulder and Elbow Unit and a medical team that includes some of the top surgeons in the country, you can be assured of being in expert hands.
At Circle Bath, we like to do things differently. That’s why, unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit by:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get you treated and back to good health quickly.
- being treated in our specialist Shoulder and Elbow Unit: where every member of staff is an expert on shoulder and elbow surgery and can answer any questions you may have
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience means that you will always receive the very best treatment and care possible.
We know that you’d prefer not to need an operation on your shoulder or elbow. But if you do require one why not have it done by the very best surgeons, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?