If you have a problem with your eye, it can cause you worry or concern.
You may be finding that:
- things appear increasingly blurry
- it’s getting harder to focus on things
- you have unexplained pain in one or both eyes
Whatever problems you’re currently experiencing with your eyes, in the Eye Unit here at Circle Bath we can help treat you. For your peace of mind, we regularly see and treat people who require:
- Cataract surgery
- Lens implant surgery to help reduce reliance on glasses
- Treatment for glaucoma
- Treatment for diseases of the retina including macular degeneration and diabetic eye disease
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out in the Eye Unit here at Circle Bath. Having this specialist unit means that all our staff are experts in eye health and dedicated to getting you treated and fully recovered quickly and safely.
When you book an appointment at Circle Bath, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in eye health. All of them are internationally-recognised leaders in their field and have many years of experience treating problems of the eye.
They’ll have a very detailed chat with you about your symptoms, your concerns and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things.
Depending on the symptoms you’re experiencing, they’ll want to carry out specific eye tests to help them assess your eyes and understand exactly what the problem is (don’t worry, they’ll explain any examination they need to do, you’ll always know what’s being done and why it’s being done).
At Circle Bath, we have a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to ensure a fast and accurate diagnosis.
If after this initial consultation the consultant would like any further tests to aid them with the diagnosis, they’ll arrange for you to have them on the same day (we don’t want you to have the hassle of needing to come back on a different day for these tests).
Some of the additional tests that your consultant may want you to have include:
- a blood test: to check if there are any signs of inflammation or infection that may be causing your symptoms
- an ultrasound scan
- a CT scan
Not all of these additional tests will necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above. Again, these will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis on the same day as your consultation. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
It should be noted that after this initial meeting the consultant may decide that surgery isn’t needed and that treatment can be provided with some other means (for example medication or prescription glasses).
If it’s determined that surgery is in fact required the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
If you do require treatment for an eye problem, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Circle Bath.
With our state-of-the-art equipment, a dedicated Eye Unit and a medical team that includes some of the top eye specialists in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands.
At Circle Bath, we like to do things differently. Unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your eyes treated and back to better health quickly.
- being treated in our specialist Eye Unit: where every member of staff is an expert on eye health and can answer any questions you may have. They’re also all acutely aware of the challenges that impaired vision can have, and so will make sure you are comfortable and put at ease quickly.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience means that you will always receive the absolute best advice and treatment possible.
- our vast experience in treating eye problems: our consultants are hugely experienced, having collectively performed in excess of 100,000 cataract procedures. You’re in good hands when you’re seen by us.
We know that you’d prefer to have healthy eyes that don’t need any type of treatment. But if you do require treatment why not have it carried out by the very best eye specialists, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?