Circle health check; book a comprehensive health assessment at a time convenient for you
Here at Circle Bath, we can provide you with a health assessment to check your general health and to screen for any potential medical issues.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment it’s no wonder so many people choose to have their health assessment at Circle Bath.
During your visit with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious award-winning surroundings.
We are experts in health assessments and can provide you with accurate results and detailed advice following your assessment.
We have no waiting lists so can quickly arrange a health assessment at a time that is convenient for you, so please get in touch with us to book your assessment.
A health assessment is a personalised medical check-up in which a series of examinations and tests are carried out, overseen by our specialist GP.
A health assessment will include blood tests, urinalysis, a medical history and examination and a personalised written report detailing the findings. A more comprehensive assessment will include additional tests.
Health assessments can help to flag up any medical problems (or potential future problems) in areas such as the prostate, breast and bowel, as well as helping to assess the health of your heart, your lungs and your general well-being.
Sometimes, worrying about potential health problems can be incredibly draining. If you do have a concern about your health, get in touch with us today to book an assessment.
At Circle Bath our two priorities with any health assessment are:
- To accurately measure and assess your current health
- To pick up any potential problems as early as possible and to flag up anything that may require further investigation.
At Circle Bath, your health assessment will be overseen by our specialist GP, assisted by one of our healthcare assistants. You will be well looked after every step of the way.
- A broad range of blood tests: including checks for anaemia, diabetes, cholesterol, kidney, liver and thyroid function
- Urinalysis: urine test
- Faecal occult blood test: this checks for hidden blood in your stools
- FRAX fracture risk assessment tool
- Medical history
- Examination of the breast and pelvis (if requested)
- A full round-up of the findings along with further recommendations
- Report sent to your GP.
Optional tests are:
- Smear test for females, prostate test for males
Offering even more detailed testing, our Full Circle Medical includes:
- All the tests carried out in the Half Circle Medical
- Liver Function Tests (LFT) and GGT: to determine the health of your liver
- Thyroid Function Tests (TFT): to determine whether your thyroid is over-or under-active
- CRP and Viscosity test: to check for any signs of inflammation
- Height, weight and BMI
- Resting ECG: helps assess heart rhythm and can indicate any previous cardiac events
- Spirometry: indicates the health of the lungs
- Blood pressure and pulse check: this is helpful for assessing cardiovascular health
- CV risk factors: helps to determine cardiovascular risk factors
- Depression screening: a confidential questionnaire helps to assess your risk of experiencing depression.
*It should be noted that not all of these tests will necessarily be carried out for every patient, and you may have additional tests that aren’t listed here. These will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand by the doctor so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they are being done.
As part of your health assessment, the doctor will talk with you about your previous medical history and discuss any particular concerns or worries you may have about your health.
Following your tests, examination and discussion, your doctor will be able to give you a round-up of their findings along with any recommendations they have for you. You will receive a written report detailing these findings, test results and recommendations. A copy of the report will be sent to your GP for their reference.
If you would like a health assessment, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for it than Circle Bath.
With our state-of-the-art equipment, purpose-built hospital and a medical team that includes some of the top consultants and medical professionals in the country, you will receive the highest quality of care and a comprehensive, detailed assessment.
At Circle Bath, we like to do things differently. That’s why, unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- Having your health assessment without undue delay: with no waiting lists, we can get your health assessment booked in quickly. You won’t find yourself waiting for weeks for an appointment.
- Being seen by a specialist GP: the doctor overseeing your health assessment has vast experience. In addition, her professional memberships include:
- Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (UK)
- UK Association of Doctors in Sport (UKADIS)
- Bath GP Education Research Trust (BGPERT)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Society of Lifestyle Medicine (BSLM)
- Sports Medicine Group South West
- The depth of our experience: If any of our screening tests find something that requires further investigation, we have over 150 consultants who can assess you further on site here at Circle Bath.
- 99% of our patients would recommend us to their friends and family: we count ourselves incredibly privileged to have such a high recommendation rate. We think it’s probably because we always treat you as an individual, and you can ask any question you may have at any time during your health assessment.
If you’re thinking of having a health assessment, why not get in touch with us today to get it booked in? We would love to help you stay on top of any health concerns you may have.