GP and Referrers Centre
As a local GP, practice manager or medical secretary, we want to ensure you have everything you need from us to help you in your role.
We can provide you with the latest hospital information, free training and educational events throughout the year. Here’s a snapshot of how we can help you and your practice:
- Free educational evenings throughout the year with our consultants
- Free lunchtime talks at your practice, on topics of your choice
- Free BLS training dates for GPs and practice nurses
- Consultant directory details and referral information
- Latest newsletters straight to your inbox
Our friendly GP partnership team offer one-to-one support in answering questions specific to your practice. Whether you have a question around the e-Referral process, want to find out more about our consultants, or if you need to check a guide price for self-pay treatments, our team can help.
Get in touch by calling 01761 422210 or email email@example.com
Referral Relationship Lead: Victoria Adams 01761 422210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Private patient advisors: For all private insurance and self-funded patient queries 01761 422288
NHS e-Referrals and appointment team: Bookings team 01761 422324
Radiology department 01761 422250
Physiotherapy department 01761 422388
Pre-Assessment nurses 01761 422200
Main Switchboard 01761 422222
Out of hours RMO 01761 422205
Circle Bath Hospital, Foxcote Avenue, Peasedown St John, Bath BA2 8SQ
Find us on Google maps
For private patient referrals
Our private patient advisors, Vicky and Mandy, are available to help you and your patients on
01761 422288 or email email@example.com.
They are based locally in the hospital and have a good knowledge of the specialties, consultants, procedures and services available at Circle Bath Hospital.
Sending a referral
If you know the name of the consultant you are referring to please send a named referral to the clinician at Circle Bath Hospital.
Generic referrals for a specialty will be managed by our private patient advisors. If you’re not sure how to refer your patient, simply call us and we will help you.
Referrals can be sent by:
Named Consultant /Private Patient Advisor
Circle Bath Hospital, Foxcote Avenue, Peasedown St John,
Bath BA2 8SQ
firstname.lastname@example.org (not suitable for sensitive and medical information)
For NHS patient referrals
Please refer all NHS patients via the e-Referral system. We are not able to accept paper referrals for NHS patients.
We are unable to see patients:
- Under the age of 18
- With serious unstable chronic health conditions
- With serious unstable recent or current acute health conditions
- With an ASA score of 3 (who are unstable)
If you are unsure as to whether your patient is suitable to be seen at Circle Bath then please call our Pre-Assessment Team on 01761 422200.
For NHS patients further exclusion criteria, set by your CCG, may apply.
We provide free BLS training opportunities throughout the year and a variety of educational evenings.
Our educational evenings are organised in conjunction with BGPERT. If you are not a member of BGPERT please reserve your complimentary places by emailing email@example.com
Here are some other key details about the evening events:
- Complimentary food and refreshments from 19:00 with talks starting at 19:30
- Free parking on-site
- Limited places available. Advance booking is required.
Upcoming talks - further details will be made available as learning objectives are agreed
18th October Skin Cancer with Mr Dominic Ayers
18th October Ophthalmology with Mrs Mishal Badial
13th November Back Pain Management with Mr Priyan Landham and Mr Andrew Souter
10th January Respiratory with Mr Jay Suntharalingan
27th March Cardiology
This training is completely free to local GPs and practice nurses, so you simply need to get in touch to book your place in advance.
Our upcoming BLS training dates are:
- Tuesday 18th September 19:00 – 21:00
- Tuesday 20th November 19:00 – 21:00
Refreshments will be provided.
Please note: limited places are available for each event, with a maximum of 12 attendees permitted. Certificates will be provided after training is complete.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Five ways lunchtime talks can help your practice
- No need to travel, as our consultants will visit your practice
- Consultants across a wide range of specialities are available
- We provide a freshly prepared lunch
- Attendance certificates are provided
- Our talks are completely free and timings are flexible to suit you.
“Thank you for all your help in... it was completely a success, lots learnt, faces and names put together, better patient care and educational certificates thrown in!” Dr Rebecca Hodson, Widcombe Surgery
Some suggestions are:
- Common skin problems in primary care; diagnosis and management
- How do I decide who to refer where?
- How to cope with the dizzy patient
- A general update about head and neck problems (benign and malignant)
- ENT Referral Guidelines
- What’s new in the treatment of coeliac disease
- Abnormal LFT – what next?
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Parkinson disease in primary care setting
- Assessing tremors
- Restless leg syndrome
- Vague Abdominal Pain – causes and treatment in primary care
- Infertility Update
- How to save money in General Practice
Hand to Elbow
- Common hand problems in primary care
- What’s new in Hand to Elbow surgery
- Femoro-acetabular impingement/hip arthroscopy
- Hip pathways/minimal invasive hip replacement
- Groin pain in the young athlete
- The Monday morning knee (how to manage acute knee injuries in general practice)
- Examination of the knee – one easy test for many condition
- Recent advances in knee surgery for general practice
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Eye emergencies and what to do with them including red eyes that are not conjunctivitis
- Chronic eye problems, dry eye, watering eyes and blepharitis and what to do with them
- Update on wet macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
- Update on cataract surgery and the latest on glaucoma
- Skin lesions and skin cancer. Recognition and management
- The role of dermoscopy in identifying skin lesions in primary care skin cancer.
- Shoulders in general practice, treatment and onward referral
- What’s new in shoulder and elbow management
- CircleBath Shoulder and Elbow Serice - a new shoulder to cry on
- Is all back pain “back pain”? Does sacro iliac pain exist?
- Heal pain acute or chronic
- Groin pain diagnostic conundrum
- Pitch-side trauma management
- Update in vascular surgery
- Screening who, how, when, where
Circle Bath Hospital was set up by clinicians for clinicians to offer the best possible care for patients. Our Executive Board includes consultants from various specialities who with our senior management team make decisions about the running of the hospital. We have a number of committees who feed into Clinical Governance and Risk Management and ultimately the Executive Board to form part of our robust governance structure and a ‘safety first’ culture.
All our consultants who see private patients have been appointed to substantive NHS consultant posts in their medical careers. The majority of our consultants are based at the Royal United Hospital, Bath but we also have doctors from hospitals in Yeovil, Bristol, Swindon and further afield.
The consultants choose to see and treat patients at Circle Bath because they believe that their patients will receive outstanding care resulting in the best possible outcomes. Having close working relationships with their colleagues they are able to cross refer if necessary to the most appropriate consultant colleague. In the unlikely event of a transfer being necessary to an acute trust, your patient will usually be looked after by the same consultant, thereby ensuring continuity of care.
Quality and safety is at the heart of all we do. We have clear governance processes led by the Head of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals with the Clinical Chairman and Hospital Director.
For more information on facilities and CQC ratings click here.
Are you a physiotherapist, chiropractor or osteopath. Whatever your role, if you’re a local medical professional, then our free educational evenings are for you. We run educational evenings every quarter at Circle Bath Hospital, bringing together leading consultant specialists to share their knowledge and answer your questions.
The evenings are a chance to catch up with colleagues at the start of the evening over refreshments and sandwiches followed by an interactive evening with consultants. Recent talks have included “Slipped discs and slipped vertebrae - diagnosis through to post-op care” and “The middle-aged shoulder.
Attendance certificates are provided at the end of the event and can be used towards your CPD points.
Necks, heads, and shoulders – October date to be confirmed
There is also the chance to attend clinics and theatre. To arrange this please email Victoria.email@example.com
To receive copies of clinic letters on patients that you refer to Circle Bath consultants, please use our referral form which you can download here.
We hope that you find our Physio Protocols useful but if you have any questions please do call our Physiotherapy Department on 01761 422388.
You can download the physiotherapy protocols for the following procedures by clicking on the links below.
Circle Bath elbow arthorlysis protocol
Circle Bath ACJ stabilisation protocol
Circle Bath ACL reconstruction patella tendon and hamstring autographs protocol
Circle Bath arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression protocol
Circle Bath biceps tenodesis protocol
Circle Bath arthroscopic capsular release protocol
Circle Bath distal biceps repair protocol
Circle Bath arthroscopic/open lateral/medial epicondylar release protocol
Circle Bath lateral ligament reconstruction protocol
Circle Bath medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction rehabilitation protocol
Circle Bath OK procedure protocol
Circle Bath orthospace InSpace™ implantation protocol
Circle Bath PCL reconstruction protocol
Circle Bath posterior stabilisation protocol
Circle Bath reverse polarity shoulder arthroplasty protocol
Circle Bath rotator cuff repair protocol
Circle Bath shoulder arthroplasty protocol
Circle Bath SLAP repair protocol
Circle Bath triceps repair protocol
Please get in touch with the team by calling 01761 422288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org