General surgery encompasses a wide range of procedures and covers the specialities of:
- Breast: including cosmetic breast surgery and reconstructive surgery following breast cancer.
- Gastroenterological surgery: A number of operations to achieve weight loss can be performed. These may include surgery to restrict the amount of food ingested as well as surgery to reduce the number of nutrients gained from the food.
- Vascular: covering problems of the blood vessels in the body, surgical procedures include diabetic foot surgery, varicose vein treatment and stroke prevention surgery.
- General: hernia repair surgery and gallbladder removal.
If you’re experiencing problems in any of those areas, why not book to see us today?
For your peace of mind, we regularly see people who require:
- Removal of haemorrhoids
- Treatment for pelvic floor disorder
- Gallbladder removal
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Treatment for rectal bleeding
- Hernia surgery
At Circle Bath, our priorities are always to:
- diagnose and treat your problem fast, so that any pain is quickly stopped
- help you recover, so that you can get back to enjoying life as soon as possible
We know that requiring surgery can sometimes seem a scary prospect. When you visit with us you’ll be in capable, competent hands in a modern hospital. We’re here to support you every step of the way through your surgery.
Our general surgery team is led by many of the leading consultants in the UK and provides initial consultations with no waiting lists, as well as immediate diagnostics and treatment options. Due to the expertise of our team, we are able to offer the full spectrum of surgical options for numerous problems including:
- Abdominal pain
- Weight problems
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Peripheral vascular disease
Our general surgery clinics and operating theatres are set in Circle Health’s clean and modern hospital environment. Our specialist anaesthetists and wider allied health team, such as specialist nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and dieticians, are able to offer significant support in post-operative care.
Our unit also has close links with other departments such as endocrinology, ensuring we can deliver the full breadth of medical management required.
Our general surgery team strive to give our patients a unique understanding of their condition and management options as well as full control over their condition, with follow-up appointments scheduled to check on their progress following any treatment.
When you book an appointment at Circle Bath, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in surgical procedures.
In our comfortable, modern consultation rooms they’ll have a detailed chat with you about your symptoms and any concerns you may have, as well as talking with you about your previous medical history in order to get a thorough understanding of things.
They’ll probably want to examine you to see the extent of any surgery required and they may want to carry out some additional diagnostic tests to help them assess your exact surgical needs.
At Circle Bath, we have a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to ensure that any tests required can be carried out on the same day as your consultation (we don’t want you to have the hassle of needing to come back on a different day for these tests).
Some tests your consultant may want you to have include:
- A blood test
- A chest X-ray
- A CT scan: this uses X-rays to produce cross-sectional images that can help the doctor visualise things incredibly clearly
Not all of these additional tests will necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above. Again, these will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait ten days (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
If it’s determined that surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
Each surgical procedure is different and we believe in giving you all the information you need in order to make an informed decision about it. We’ll make sure you know how the surgery is carried out, what the recovery time is like and whether there’s anything you need to be aware of after the operation (for example, how much time will you have to spend recuperating after surgery to allow your body to heal fully?). We’ll also chat through any risks associated with the surgery.
We have a team of incredibly experienced consultant surgeons and specialist nurses to help you get the treatment you need.
If you require surgery, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert treatment and support than Circle Bath.
Whether you need surgery for a hernia, pelvic floor disorder, colorectal disorders or following breast cancer with our state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious facilities and a medical team that includes some of the top surgeons in the country you can be assured that you’ll be an expert and experienced hands when you’re with us.
At Circle Bath, we like to do things differently. Unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your operation arranged fast and help you get back to better health quickly (you won’t find yourself waiting weeks for an appointment).
- treatment by a specialist consultant surgeon: with decades of shared experience helping people just like you, our consultants include internationally-renowned and awarded surgeons.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded surgical experts who work together to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience means that you will always receive the highest quality of surgical treatment possible as well as field-leading support and care following your operation.
- 99% of our patients would recommend us to their friends and family
- Having access to over 150 consultants in over 40 specialities: whatever medical issue you require surgery for, we have the expertise to help you.
We know that you’d prefer not to need surgery. But if you do require an operation, why not have it performed by the very best surgeons, in the very finest hospital and with the very highest level of care?
To arrange your consultation with one of our experienced surgeons, contact our friendly team today who will be delighted to help.