About Circle Bath Hospital
Circle Bath is an award-winning hospital designed to feel modern and relaxed so you can enjoy your stay in comfort.
Circle Bath was purpose-designed by our doctors, who combined their experience of NHS and private practice, to create a healing experience for our patients. This is why we are able to offer a world-class experience that we ourselves would want to receive.
The hospital has a calm yet efficient atmosphere, combining the simplicity and beauty of a modern, well-equipped hospital with a relaxing environment to help you feel at ease.
Specialist teams of experts will ensure you receive the very best advice, every step of the way.
Wondering what to expect?
We offer hospital treatment without the wait. At Circle Bath Hospital you will benefit from short waiting times whether you are an NHS patient or a private patient.
Efficient processes allow us to focus on our patients so whether it’s our friendly nurses, convenient appointment times or free car parking we will take the hassle away.
Upon arrival, you can be certain of a friendly smile, no queues, and the kind of individual attention and care that will reassure you and your family.
- 28 bedrooms each with en-suite facilities and 22 day-case beds
- Flexible visiting hours and delicious food, available all day
- Five ambulatory care beds
- Nine consulting rooms
- Four state-of-the-art operating theatres
- Endoscopy suite with JAG accreditation
- Dedicated cardiology suite
- Intervention treatment room
- Dedicated physiotherapy department with gym and four treatment rooms
- Digital diagnostic unit
- Resident medical officer on-site 24 hours a day
- Free car parking directly outside the hospital
We offer a wide range of surgical and non-surgical treatments, delivered by some of the leading consultants in the country.
Our specialities include:
- Cosmetic surgery
- ENT (ear, nose and throat)
- Foot and Ankle
- General surgery
- Ophthalmology (eyes)
- Pain Management
- Plastic Surgery
View our full range of treatments here.
Specialist clinical teams
Circle Bath Hospital is recognised for its centres of excellence where clinicians work together to achieve the best outcome for the patient. Joint ways of working transform the shared learning process across the clinical disciplines providing patients with a truly multidisciplinary approach to their care.
All our consultants are leading specialists in their field of expertise, and many are nationally-acclaimed. Consultants who see private patients have been appointed to substantive NHS consultant posts in their medical careers.
All care at Circle Bath Hospital is consultant-led. We have over 150 consultants in over 40 specialities.
Comprehensive digital diagnostic services
Circle Bath Hospital has some of the most advanced diagnostic equipment on-site and specialist consultant radiologists who can provide rapid access to accurate diagnosis. In some instances you can book a same-day assessment with a specialist to diagnose your condition.
The comprehensive diagnostic services we provide include the following:
- JAG Accredited Endoscopy services. The Joint Advisory Group (JAG) Accreditation Scheme is designed to recognise examples of exemplary standards. The award denotes formal recognition that an endoscopy unit has the competence to deliver against national measures set out in the Global Rating Scale Standards (GRS), a tool produced to assess how well a unit provides patient centred care.
- Imaging services to include CT scanning, MRI scanning, X-ray and Ultrasound.
- Phlebotomy services (blood tests) provide access to a range of blood tests to help diagnose any diseases and conditions or help assess your health.
The scans and diagnostic facilities at Circle Bath Hospital are available to everyone. You just need to pay for your scan or use your health insurance.
Visitors are welcome at any time of day. Pull-out beds are available for overnight visitors in each bedroom.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated Circle Bath Hospital as “outstanding” for how caring it is with an overall rating of good.
Circle Bath was inspected in December 2016 and the CQC report was published in April 2017.
Some comments from the CQC Report Summary of Findings:
“Patients we spoke with were fulsome in their praise for staff. We heard of numerous examples where staff had “gone the extra mile” to support people.”
“Staff treated patients with dignity, respect and kindness during all interactions. Patients told us that staff took time to listen to them and felt supported by them.”
“Patients told us that their conditions and treatment options were explained to them in a way they could understand.”
“Staff showed compassion when people were distressed or anxious.”
“Staff, including those in different teams, worked together to provide seamless and coordinated care.”
You could spread the cost of your treatment over 12 months with our 0% interest-free finance*. Minimum finance amount is £1,500. To find out more, including about repayments over a longer period, visit circlehealth.co.uk/bath/finance/
*Circle Hospital (Bath) Ltd trading as Circle Bath Hospital is an appointed representative of Chrysalis Finance Limited which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry out the regulated activity of credit broking. Finance is subject to status and prices correct at time of publication. Visit circlehealth.co.uk/bath/finance/to find out more.
Quality and safety is at the heart of everything we do. We have clear governance processes led by our Head of Nursing and Allied Health Professionals with the Clinical Chairman and Hospital Director.
We are able to see patients who are:
- 18 years of age and older for surgical procedures
- 16 years of age and older for consultations and non-invasive treatments