GP education programmes
Circle Bath hosts BGPERT educational events at the hospital. To see upcoming events please see the BGPERT event planner.
We sponsor a limited amount of places for non-BGPERT members.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you would like to attend.
Educational sessions in your surgery
Circle Bath Consultants are delighted to visit your practice and talk to you about conditions that are of interest to the practice and that will help you decide who to treat in primary care and who to refer to secondary care. They also have some useful tips on examining patients.
Please contact Victoria to arrange a date or call 07798 930547.
“Thank you for all your help, it was completely a success, lots learnt, faces and names put together, better patient care and educational certificates thrown in!” Dr Rebecca Hodson, Widcombe Surgery
Some suggestions are:
- Common skin problems in primary care; diagnosis and management
- How do I decide who to refer where?
- How to cope with the dizzy patient
- A general update about head and neck problems (benign and malignant)
- ENT Referral Guidelines
- What’s new in the treatment of coeliac disease?
- Abnormal LFT – what next?
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Parkinson disease in primary care setting
- Assessing tremors
- Restless leg syndrome
- Vague Abdominal Pain – causes and treatment in Primary Care
- Infertility Update
- How to save money in General Practice
Hand to Elbow
- Common hand problems in primary care
- What’s new in Hand to Elbow surgery
- Femoro-acetabular impingement/ hip arthroscopy
- Hip pathways/ Minimal invasive hip replacement
- Groin pain in the young athlete
- The Monday morning knee (how to manage acute knee injuries in general practice)
- Examination of the knee – one easy test for many condition
- Recent advances in knee surgery for general practice
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Eye emergencies and what to do with them including red eyes that are not conjunctivitis
- Chronic eye problems, dry eye, watering eyes and blepharitis and what to do with them
- Update on wet macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
- Update on cataract surgery and the latest on glaucoma
- Skin lesions and skin cancer. Recognition and management
- The role of dermoscopy in identifying skin lesions in primary care skin cancer.
- Shoulders in general practice, treatment and onward referral
- What’s new in shoulder and elbow management
- Circle Bath Shoulder and Elbow Service - a new shoulder to cry on
- Is all back pain “back pain”? Does sacro iliac pain exist?
- Heal pain acute or chronic
- Groin pain diagnostic conundrum
- Pitch-side trauma management
- Update in vascular surgery
- Screening who, how, when, where?